Meet the SO candidates: Louise Donkor
Name: Louise Carol Donkor
1. In 15 words, sum up your campaign promises
Free shuttle bus. Promote academic and mental wellbeing. Integration and engagement. Better postgraduate working conditions.
2. What’s your favourite film and why?
I’ve got a number of them but I’d choose “Planet of the Apes”. I like the general theme of thriving and enduring humanist values.
3. What was your favourite childhood toy, and what was its name?
My favourite childhood toy was made from the stalk of plantain. Let’s just say that it looks like a bigger stalk of celery. You beat it at one end to make its hair. Then you poke it to create the eyes, nose and mouth. You give it whichever name you want and I have forgotten the name that I gave mine.
4. What’s your favourite place in Liverpool?
5. Who’s a politician you look up to?
President Barack Obama. He reflects my values of hope, confidence, fun, humility and real concern and love for people.
6. If you could make a positive change in Liverpool’s wider community, what would it be?
Work with the City Council to officially name every bus stop and have buses announce each stop to enhance easy commute for visitors to our city.
7. What’s your campaign colour?
Yellow t-shirt. Red, white and blue for posters.
8. What’s your go-to Costa or Starbucks order?
I’d normally do Greggs.
9. What’s your best and worst moment as a student?
Best moment – when on a Give it a Go trip or attending academic conferences.
Worst moment – Not quite but a difficult moment has always been getting dissertation done.
10. What are your extra-curricular activities or hobbies?
Gym. Dancing. Strolling. Photography. Touring.