Meet the SO candidates: George Trier
Name: George Trier
1. In 15 words, sum up your campaign promises
Provide more space, resources and freedom for the growing student population to further themselves
2. What’s your favourite film and why?
“The Fellowship of the Ring”, it’s just so good. Atmospheric. Emotional. It’s a wild ride and I never want to get off
3. What was your favourite childhood toy, and what was its name?
A toy Pikachu, “Pikachu”
4. What’s your favourite place in Liverpool?
92 Degrees coffee, they have a stamp card and Liverpool Independent discount so it’s double discounts on great coffee (I was not paid for this endorsement, they’re just great)
5. Who’s a politician you look up to?
Harry Anderson; he’s pretty tall, I am not
6. If you could make a positive change in Liverpool’s wider community, what would it be?
Make sure local businesses such as theatres and bars don’t have the threat of having their buildings sold off to make space for flats. The city is built on its culture and character, having it homogenised for profit ruins so much for the benefit of so few
7. What’s your campaign colour?
8. What’s your go-to Costa or Starbucks order?
Starbucks – ask for a filter coffee when you know they won’t have the machine on. They will offer you an Americano for the same price. Sound disappointed. Enjoy cheap coffee
9. What’s your best and worst moment as a student?
The panic attack that led to me seeking support from the Student Counselling Services; it was awful, but without it I probably wouldn’t still be at this University with a chance to finish my degree properly. I owe the University staff a heck of a lot
10. What are your extra-curricular activities or hobbies?
I’ve worked in many different departments of the Drama Society, onstage and off which is always too much fun, and I’ve spent various moments between different Media Societies providing content for The Sphinx and LSRadio. Unfortunately, not Ellipsis… As for hobbies; you may have gathered that I like coffee. I do, I like it a lot