Check It Out! – What’s On in Liverpool (20th – 27th March)
At some point in the week, everyone’s a little lost at what to do with themselves. So scroll down to find something to occupy yourself with over the coming days!
In The Guild
The events at the heart of our university.
Friday 20th and Saturday 21st March – Billy Liar
- Liverpool University Drama Society, LUDS for short, puts on their production of ‘Billy Liar’ within the walls of the University itself. Head on down to the Stanley Theatre at 7.30pm for what promises to be an entertaining performance! For more info, click here and here.
Saturday 21st March – The Loop
- Brand new to Liverpool Uni – The Loop is one of the university’s newly established club nights. For £4 on the door you can dance yourself silly from 11pm till the early hours. For tickets and more info, click here.
Sunday 22nd March – The Big Pub Quiz
- Get yourself down to the Sphinx on Sunday night for a quiz all about water! That’s right, in aid of World Water Day, the Guild will be hosting this damp event with lots of prizes up for grabs. Entry is £1 and all proceeds go towards Water Aid. For more details, look here.
Monday 23rd March – Thai Night 2015
- Held in Mountford Hall, next Monday sees the culture of Thailand take over the Guild. If you’re a fan of Thai music, dance or food then this one’s for you. More info here.
Monday 23rd March – LUDS Got Talent!
- Liverpool University Drama Society takes over the Guild’s newest venue, The Cellar, in order to showcase some of their amazing hidden talents! Tickets and times here.
Tuesday 24th March – Charity Concert (in aid of Zoe’s Baby Hospice and Claire House Children’s Hospice)
- Liverpool Paediatrics Society is holding a charity night in aid of two hospices doing important work. They promise the night will include a variety of performances, and Easter Egg Hunt and a raffle. Tickets are £5 and children go free, so head here if you see yourself in Mountford Hall on Tuesday evening.
Tuesday 24th March – V
- Held every Tuesday, V is another of Liverpool University’s club nights. Held in The Cellar, this event is student only, opening from 10.30pm until the early hours. Tickets and info here.
Wednesday 25th March – Chinese Culture Chat with LCSSA
- Liverpool Chinese Students & Scholars Association (LCSSA) is hosting an event in Activity Space 5 aimed at educating others about Chinese culture and Mandarin. For more information in their own words, look here.
Thursday 26th March – Paul Sinha (+ support)
- Sound familiar? Paul Sinha is best known as a chaser on ITV’s quiz show The Chase. But little did you know he’s also a stand up comedian! If want to see whether the man with the brains is also the man with the funny, head on down to The Cellar after purchasing tickets here.
Thursday 26th March – Take 5
- If you’ve got something to say, now is your time! Take to the mic and talk about a subject of your choice for five minutes. If you’re more the listening type, head down to The Courtyard for a beer and to hear students voice what is important to them. Sign up for your 5 here.
Thursday 26th and Friday 27th March – Rent
- Rounding off The Guild events before the Easter break is Liverpool University Student Theatre’s (LUST) production of Rent. Take a trip to the Stanley Theatre at 7pm if this rock musical tickles your fancy. Tickets and plot summaries here and here.
Liverpool and Beyond
A taste of what’s on in some favourite venues around the city.
The Bluecoat (all tickets, more events and more info)
- Exhibition: Listening until 29th March 2015
- Habibi Film Screening 20th March 2015
- Bluecoat Story Night 20th March 2015
- Juniper Press: Exploring Letter Press 21st March 2015
- Taking A Leap: Finding My Next Me Through Storytelling 21st March – 11th April 2015
- A Collective Read 21st March 2015
- Sweet Jam Band 22nd March 2015
- Philosophy in Pubs 24th March 2015
- Liverpool Poetry Cafe: Helen Tookey & Moniza Alvi 26th March 2015
East Village Arts Club (all tickets and more info)
- Miles &Erica of The Wonder Stuff 19th March 2015
- Hunter & The Bear 20th March 2015
- Rawkus 20th March 2015
- Dubabuse feat. Macka B & The Roots Ragga Band 21st March 2015
- Helena Johnson 22nd March 2015
- Johnny Marr 25th March 2015
- Room For Rent 27th March 2015
- Rawkus 27th March 2015
Everyman and Playhouse Theatre (all tickets and more info)
- The Three Lions (Playhouse) Until 21st March
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Everyman) 21st March – 18th April
- The Absence of War (Playhouse) 24th – 28th March
The Kazimier (all tickets and more info)
- Impropriety Present: Happily Ever After 21st March 2015
- The Mouse Outfit w/ Abdominal and The Obliques 26th March 2015
Liverpool Empire (all tickets and more info)
- Anything Goes 19th – 20th March 2015
- Jesus Christ Superstar 23rd – 28th March 2015
Liverpool Philharmonic Hall (all tickets and more info)
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra – Peer Gynt 19th March 2015
- St Mary’s College Festival of Music 20th March 2015
- Grimethorpe Colliery Band 22nd March 2015
- Joan Armatrading 23rd March 2015
- One Man Breaking Bad (the Unauthorised Parody) 24th March 2015
- Fascinating Aida 25th March 2015
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra – Music for Easter 28th March 2015
The Tate Liverpool (more info)
- DLA Piper Series: Constellations Ongoing
- Liverpool Biennial: Dazzle ship Until the end of 2015
- György Kepes Until 31st May 2015
- Leonora Carrington Until 31st May 2015
- Cathy Wilkes Until 31st May 2015
- Living Room Until 9th September 2015